Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy (“Acceptable Use Policy”, “AUP”, “Policy”) is an agreement between Data Sciences Corporation (Pty) Ltd. (“Data Sciences Corporation (Pty) Ltd”, “us”, “we”, “our” or “OXIDE”) and you (“User”, “you” or “your”). This Policy sets forth the general guidelines and acceptable and prohibited uses of the oxidecloud.co.za and cloudlet.cloud website, and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
This Policy forms part of the Agreement between the Client and OXIDE and is binding on customers using OXIDE services. The AUP sets out in detail what forms of conduct are regarded as unacceptable on the part of the Customer and defines the steps which may be taken in response to unacceptable use of OXIDE services.
OXIDE reserves the right to modify or disable, as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply this policy, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion
By contracting with OXIDE for services, the Customer agrees without limitation or qualification to be bound by this Policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to the Customer in connection with the Services.
OXIDE reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time, and without notice to the Customer.
Prohibited activities and uses
The Customer may not use the Services to engage in activity that is illegal under applicable law, that is harmful to others, or that would subject us to liability, including, without limitation, in connection with any of the following, each of which is prohibited under this Policy.
- Distributing malware or other malicious code.
- Disclosing sensitive personal information about others.
- Collecting, or attempting to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Distributing pornography or adult related content.
- Promoting or facilitating prostitution or any escort services.
- Hosting, distributing or linking to child pornography or content that is harmful to minors.
- Promoting or facilitating gambling, violence, terrorist activities or selling weapons or ammunition.
- Engaging in the unlawful distribution of controlled substances, drug contraband or prescription medications.
- Managing payment aggregators or facilitators such as processing payments on behalf of other businesses or charities.
- Facilitating pyramid schemes or other models intended to seek payments from public actors.
- Threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behaviour.
- Purchasing any of the offered Services on someone else’s behalf.
- Misrepresenting or fraudulently representing products or services.
- Infringing the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others.
- Facilitating, aiding, or encouraging any of the above activities through our Services.
- Any activity that results in the usage, sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
Any User in violation of our Services security is subject to criminal and civil liability, as well as immediate account termination. Examples include, but are not limited to the following :
- Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security of the Services.
- Intentionally or negligently transmitting files containing a computer virus or corrupted data.
- Accessing another network without permission, including to probe or scan for vulnerabilities or breach security or authentication measures.
- Unauthorized scanning or monitoring of data on any network or system without proper authorization of the owner of the system or network.
The Customer may not consume excessive amounts of the Services or use the Services in any way which results in performance issues or which interrupts the services for other Users. Prohibited activities that contribute to excessive use, include without limitation:
- Deliberate attempts to overload the Services and broadcast attacks (i.e. denial of service attacks).
- Engaging in any other activities that degrade the usability and performance of our Services.
- Hosting or running malicious code or other scripts or processes that adversely impact our Services.
- Operating a file sharing site or scripts for BitTorrent or similar, which includes sending or receiving files containing these mechanisms.
- Operating a crypto mining site or scripts for BitCoin or similar, which includes sending or receiving files containing these mechanisms.
- Web proxy scripts, such as those that allow anyone to browse to a third-party website anonymously, are prohibited.
No spam policy
You may not use our Services to send spam or bulk unsolicited messages. We maintain a zero tolerance policy for use of our Services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any bulk e-mail, including unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail, or the sending, assisting, or commissioning the transmission of commercial e-mail that does not comply with Section 69 of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (No. 4 of 2013) (“POPIA”).
Your products or services advertised via SPAM (i.e. Spamvertised) may not be used in conjunction with our Services. This provision includes, but is not limited to, SPAM sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or newsgroups.
Copyrighted material must not be published via our Services without the explicit permission of the copyright owner or a person explicitly authorized to give such permission by the copyright owner. Upon receipt of a claim for copyright infringement, or a notice of such violation, we will immediately run full investigation and, upon confirmation, will notify the person or persons responsible for publishing it and, in our sole discretion, will remove the infringing material from the Services. We may terminate the Service of Users with repeated copyright infringements. Further procedures may be carried out if necessary. We will assume no liability to any User of the Services for the removal of any such material.
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person or persons using our Services, please send a report of the copyright infringement to the contact details listed at the end of this Policy
You take full responsibility for maintaining reasonable security precautions for your account. You are responsible for protecting and updating any login account provided to you for our Services. You must protect the confidentiality of your login details, and you should change your password periodically. You are responsible for ensuring all User provided software installed by you on our Services is updated and patched following industry best practice. We make no warranty express or implied for the security and operability of 3rd party software or scripts installed or run by you on our Services.
We reserve our right to be the sole arbiter in determining the seriousness of each infringement and to immediately take corrective actions, including but not limited to:
- Suspending or terminating your Service with or without notice upon any violation of this Policy. Any violations may also result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
- Disabling or removing any content which is prohibited by this Policy, including to prevent harm to others or to us or our Services, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Reporting violations to law enforcement as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- A failure to respond to an email from our abuse team within 48 hours, or as otherwise specified in the communication to you, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services.
Suspended and terminated User accounts due to violations will not be re-activated.
Nothing contained in this Policy shall be construed to limit our actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the prohibited activities. We reserve the right to take any and all additional actions we may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from our Services, and levying cancellation charges to cover our costs. In addition, we reserve at all times all rights and remedies available to us with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
If you have discovered and would like to report a violation of this Policy, please contact us immediately. We will investigate the situation and provide you with full assistance.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Policy on the Website. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our Website. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the , send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write a letter to 3 Georgian Crescent West, Bryanston East, Sandton 2152, Gauteng, South Africa.
This document was last updated on 22 September 2020.
Information the Company may collect from the visitors that visit our blog, website, or app.
- Your details such as name, identification support documents (including SA ID or passport number), and contact details (such as business name, business address, e-mail address, and phone numbers);
- Your feedback information gathered from multiple sources such as e-mail, phone, and write-in;
- Your visits to the Company Websites – the name of the internet service provider, the website from which you visit the Company Website, the pages and content which you view, the date and duration of your visit, cookies to track usage patterns, etc. from the analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others;
- information is given voluntarily by you during any on-ground promotions or digital activities, tie-ups, contests, etc.
When does the Company collect information?
- The Company collects information from you when you raise inquiries on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, open a Support Ticket, or enter information on our website.
- The Company does not collect information from customers and its system data for services such as backup, cloud computing, and disaster recovery services, which are protected by secured password, encryption, and multi-factor authentication under the customer’s custodian and their own corporate IT governance or security practices.
- The Company’s Cloud platform allows customer to delete their data in a manner consistent with the functionality of the services.
- The Customer provides the Company with feedback on our products or services.
How does the Company use your information?
The Company may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings
in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- The Company does not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- The Company only provides articles and information. The Company will never ask for credit card numbers except required in payment gateway systems through redirected to verified partners such as Paypal, PayFast, Yoco.
- The Company uses regular Malware Scanning.
- The Company does not disclose any of our customers and visitor’s personal information to the public.
- Some of the Company’s Cloud Computing services comply with POPIA. Please refer to the following website.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have exclusive access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- The Company implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect the user’s experience.
The Company does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking
We collect your email address to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with POPIA, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy. Any changes made will be posted here.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the contact form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write a letter to 3 Georgian Crescent West, Bryanston East, Sandton 2152, Gauteng, South Africa.
Date of last update: 22 September 2020
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
SERVICE AVAILABILITY GUARANTEE
Data Sciences Corporation (Pty) Ltd. (“Data Sciences Corporation (Pty) Ltd”, “us”, “we”, “our” or “OXIDE”) guarantee that the Service (Cloudlet.Cloud) will be available 99.5% of the time in any given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. This means that you should not experience Service downtime of more than 3 hours and 36 minutes in any month counted from the first day of every month.
The following events will not contribute to the measurement of uptime availability:
- Scheduled maintenance.
- A degradation of the Service outside our control.
- A force majeure event.
- A co-ordinated DDoS attack against your server or hosting infrastructure.
- Negligent acts or omissions on your part that results in the operating environments failing.
- You requesting us to redeploy a version of the operating environment other than the latest versions supported by the platform.
- You being unavailable which results in us being unable to establish contact with you to resolve the problem.
SERVICE INCIDENT RESPONSE AND RESOLUTION TIME
• Major System breakdown or failure
• The System is still functioning but hardly usable
• System still accessible and usable but unstable
• Low Impact on business
OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
- The Customer shall provide OXIDE with their designated technical lead or head of department contact point, where it is required to assist OXIDE whenever needed for troubleshooting, system recovery, and emergency support related incidents.
- Customer shall review, verify, and acknowledge the service report or ticket closure whenever OXIDE provides its Support and services to the Customer.
- Customer must ensure all of the connected devices, including PC, Server, Mobile, Data, and Workstation, are patched, preinstalled, or protected with Firewall, SSL, VPN, Antivirus, Endpoint Protection, and free from Malware.
- Customer is restricted from copying, duplicating, cloning, or to imitate OXIDE Service, software, platform, logos, content, and other information under the ownership of OXIDE for other commercial use.
- OXIDE is not liable for any damages, data loss, and service interruption if found the issues or incidents reported to be under own customer responsibilities.
OXIDE Upgrade Rights and Preventive Maintenance
- OXIDE reserved the right to upgrade, modify and enhance the Cloud software or platform when as needed, which is required to upkeep and maintain the systems to ensure working at an optimum level.
- The events of shutdown maintenance or urgent maintenance are unavoidable in keeping the company systems safe and secure to use.
- Scheduled Shutdown for Preventive Maintenance and other necessary urgent Upgrade activities will not be considered as Downtime or System Breakdown. Therefore, it is not part of the SLA measurement.
OBLIGATIONS OF OXIDE
- OXIDE guarantees all technical issues will be handled correctly via Email, Telephone, or Remote Support depending on subscribed services.
- 24/7 Helpdesk Support. A designated Number and Email address will be given to all customers. Response time may vary depending on separate contract terms.
- All Incidents and Technical Support requests will be logged in the Helpdesk System to ensure consistency and SLA measurement.
- Incidents or Tickets Severity to be escalated and categorized according to the Incident Response and Resolution Table
Last Update: 22 September 2020